Sunday, January 3, 2016

Winter Break- Part III

The first day of the year my younger brother had a full day planned for us, it couldn't have been more perfect.

We visited the World Trade Center memorial, it was my first time seeing it in person. We then took a trip to the Guggenheim Museum. This is the most intricate museum I had ever visited, I was impressed with the various levels and the artwork was phenomenal.





He then surprised us with dinner at the Rockefeller Café! The food was delicious and I loved the fact that you could watch the various people ice skating outside.

I figured the day was coming to a close but he told us that he had gotten us tickets to a Broadway show. This was my first Broadway production and it was amazing, I hope to see another one in the near future.

We finished off the night by visiting Top of the Rock. It was freezing cold and windy when we stepped outside to view the entire city but the view was unforgettable. From the top of the Rockefeller building you can see the five boroughs and the top of the Empire State Building and World Trade Center, it was impressive.

My sister and I then headed back to Virginia and attended the first Sunday of the year together, the message was very motivating and thought-provoking.