Sunday, January 3, 2016

Winter Break- Part I

Happy New Year to you all! I am sorry for the extended break in posting. I've been enjoying time with family and friends. I cannot tell you how happy I am to be home. The days have flown by, I wish I could slow down time. I return back to school next Sunday to start my 4th semester. I've only made it this far by the grace of God, this medical school journey has been humbling. I decided to break my winter break adventures up into 2 different parts. This post is about spending time with
my older bro and Christmas with my parents. The second post will highlight my visit to New York to ring in the New Year's and the surprise my younger brother had in store for us. Enjoy!

It had been 7 months since seeing my older brother, I was missing him like crazy. I was able to spend a few days over at his place, it was a complete blast. My sister came over and we all had movie night together. One morning we went bicycling at Sandy Bottom Nature Park.

 
When I found out I had passed the semester my sister, brother and I went out to eat to celebrate.

My younger brother and I then went down to Atlanta to visit my parents and grandmother! The trip down was pretty smooth. This was my first time visiting them there, the house is beautiful and right around the corner from Atlanta Medical Center (possible clinical rotation option)! We did a little bit of shopping at Lenox Square mall, that mall is huge.







Christmas Day was lovely; we opened gifts, enjoyed breakfast together and watched Christmas movies with hot chocolate. We celebrated my Dad's birthday the next day with cake and ice cream. He is by far my biggest role model, I don't know where I would be without him. My brother had to fly back to New York for work but I stayed an additional day to meet attend church and meet the congregation. It was a wonderful service and the church members warmly greeted me and made me feel very welcome.

 

As my visit came to a close my mom and I picked out new charms for my Pandora Bracelet and I took a trip to Dairy Queen with my dad, it's become a tradition of ours. I miss them already.