Sunday, January 3, 2016

Winter Break- Part II

Do you have a bucket list of things that you want to accomplish? This past year I told myself that I wanted to ring in the New Year in Time Square. That's exactly what happened!


My sister and I went to New York to visit family and my younger brother. After spending time with my grandmother and seeing family members we stopped our younger brothers Coast Guard base, I am super proud of him.





New Year's Eve we arrived in Manhattan around 2pm. At first I was super excited to be there, suddenly it dawned on my...we had 8 hours to wait before the clock struck 12am! However, once more people showed up and music filled the air the anticipation really began. It wasn't as cold as I expected and despite rumors we were able to leave the barricade and use the restroom. On the ferry ride back home we passed the Statue of Liberty! It was definitely an experience that I will never forget.