Friday, December 30, 2016

3....2.....1, Happy New Year!

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
– Albert Einstein
 
 
Where did the time go!? It feels like I was just at Time Square freezing as I rang in 2016! As the year comes to a close I can't help but reflect on the past 12 months. I always see a new year as merely a continuation in the pursuit for greatness, happiness, and love. For me, 2016 was not horrible but interesting to say the least. It was challenging academically but in a good way; I finished up my first 2 years of medical school and began studying for my board exam. My goal was to take Step before the year ended but I've once again been reminded that my time is not God's time and his timing is the best so I will take it in 2017. From a personal life perspective, 2016 was full of lessons but no regrets, I've learned to just take one day at a time and enjoy life as it comes; everything will fall perfectly into place at its proper time. I'm looking forward to the new year and everything that it will bring! I'll be starting my third year of medical school and beginning my clinical rotations; I could not be more excited about that! I'm also hoping to take a few trips outside the country if time permits! I've decided to take a break from social media until after Step 1,  (I've never really been a fan of it, lol) but be sure to subscribe and I look forward to my posting my experience, advice, and study tips at the end of each rotation!
 

Happy New Year!