Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Typical Pharmacy Tech Day

This week has been super busy for me, I've been working 8 hour shifts for the past 6 days. I'm so glad I have tomorrow off, I can finally go the gym and run some errands. Today my PIC informed me that we filled 641 prescriptions yesterday, that was a typical day for us!!!

Each day I generally wake up around 7am, have breakfast, shower/dress/makeup, make a quick mug of coffee to-go, then rush to work.

At work we rotate stations. This means my day is filled with helping customers, typing prescriptions, phone calls, calling doctors offices for refills, calling insurance companies for Rx overrides, more phone calls, faxing prior authorization forms, and of course....counting tablets and capsules! My favorite tablet to count is Clarithromycin 500mg because they smell like vanilla or Phentermine 37.5mg because they look like Ice Breakers!

I enjoy what I do! I love my customers; each day I put on my white coat hoping to make a small difference in someone's life. By the end of the day I am mentally tired and my legs sometimes ache but that's okay. After work I generally get situated, have dinner with a cup of tea/honey and relax!

Although this is not where I expected to be at this juncture in my life I feel blessed to have a job. I am learning so much in the process and I am right where God wants me to be so it is well with my soul.